5 Tips For Maintaining Your Relationships
When life gets in the way, it’s easy for us to become so consumed by what’s going on that we end up neglecting relationships that mean a lot to us. Here are five ways to nurture personal connections with those that matter most.
A weekend break is a great way to reconnect with friends, family and that special someone in your life.
- Create a WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger group to plan details, share ideas and get excited together.
- Make sure you do research beforehand to see what everyone wants from a break away together and to make sure everyone is happy with the price, activities and daily plan.
- Find out whether friends want rest and relaxation or party options; if so, it might be worth renting a big property or different hotels to make sure everyone can enjoy their party/peace.
There’s a little bit of magic in the permanence of receiving a handwritten letter or note; the thoughtfulness really shows you care. It’s also a wonderful surprise for the recipient and your letter or note might be something they’ll treasure for years. When we choose to put pen to paper, we’re giving but not expecting to receive. That’s what’s so lovely about letter writing — it’s an altruistic act.
You don’t need to write pages and pages of words either. You could show someone your appreciation simply by leaving a thank you note. If you know someone could do with a little encouragement, inspiration or a pat on the back — saying it with written words will mean so much more.
We know it might not be easy to find the time to handwrite a letter, and technology can certainly help to make it easy to keep in touch with friends and family these days. Here are a couple of simple ways to reach out for a quick chat:
- Text message or WhatsApp are brilliant to keep in touch throughout a longer period, to send pictures, videos and emoji-laden notes. One quick message can put a smile on someone’s face for the rest of the day!
- Sometimes, only seeing someone’s face will do, and Facetime, Skype or video calls are here to help. They can make long-distance relationships a little easier.
Sometimes, getting people together needs someone to take the lead and make things happen! While birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and christenings always provide us with opportunities to come together, we may not always see everyone we want. Reuniting friends and family that we don’t get to catch up with very often can be a very rewarding experience for everyone involved. It’s a wonderful way to share new experiences, reminisce about your history together, create new memories, and celebrate recent achievements. Or simply have a laugh over some nice food!
Send a care package
The main reasoning behind sending a care package is to let people that are special to us know that we’re thinking of them. A few bits to include in a care package are:
- herbal teas
- wellbeing or goal setting journals
- aromatherapy treats
- gift vouchers
- comfort blankets.
The best thing is to think about what your recipient would really appreciate right now.