30-Minute Healthy & Hearty Recipes For Fall
We all know how busy life can be and how finding an everyday balance can sometimes feel overwhelming. While eating well is a great place to start, it is not always realistic to spend hours in the kitchen preparing healthy recipes from scratch.
Colder months call for warm and filling meals. Here are two of our favorite healthy recipes the whole family will love... and you will love that they take 30 minutes or less to make!
One-Pan Feta, Tomato & Spinach Pasta
Serves about 4
The best part of this recipe? All you need is one pan! No hassle of washing different pots. Also, this recipe is easy for substituting — try whole wheat pasta or brown rice pasta instead of regular. You could also switch it up and use frozen kale (or any leafy green) instead of the spinach. Enjoy!
- 16 oz linguine
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Frozen spinach, defrosted
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 anchovies, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 7 oz feta, crumbled
- Pinch of chili flakes, optional
- 4-6 quarts of boiling water
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large shallow pan over medium heat. Add chopped anchovies and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, stirring regularly.
- Add linguine, 2 tbsp. oil, tomatoes, lemon, chili flakes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour boiling water into the pan, turn up heat to high, cover with lid, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat down and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add thawed spinach, and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Crumble feta over the pasta when ready to serve.
Fridge Forage Miso Noodle Soup
Serves about 4
This soup is bursting with flavor and very versatile — you can swap out any of these vegetables, or any kind of noodle, for what you already have at home. Enjoy!
- Drizzle of oil
- 64 oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-inch piece of ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 8 oz noodles, cooked to package instructions
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz mixed vegetables, chopped
- 1/4 c miso paste
- Drizzle of honey
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 4 eggs, boiled, peeled, and halved
- Chopped cilantro to serve
- Heat oil in a large pot over a low heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, stirring regularly.
- Add the stock and all vegetables, and bring to a simmer until veggies start to become tender.
- Once simmering, add cooked noodles, miso paste, honey, and lime, and stir thoroughly. Bring back to a simmer.
To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, and top with half of an egg and cilantro.
Thanks to Georgina Davies, London-based chef, food stylist and recipe writer at GeorginaDaviesFood.com!
Keep scrolling for more healthy recipes!