Potato and Pea Tart with Oat Pastry
We've teamed up Georgina Davies Food to bring you this wonderful, crumbly and moreish no-flour pastry!
I use seasonal potatoes here as they are in season and peas as I always have some in my freezer but swap them out for any other vegetables.
- 250g porridge oats
- 100g salted butter
- Drizzle of oil (rapeseed or sunflower)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 225g frozen petit pois
- 225g new potatoes, cooked (sliced in half or thirds)
- 150ml double cream
- 35g cheese (I used half Parmesan half cheddar but use whatever you have in your fridge!)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- In a food processor, blitz the oats until they resemble flour. Add the butter and blitz again briefly. Add 1 tbsp cold water and blitz again, adding more gradually if needed until the pastry just comes together.
- Tip the pastry into a tart tin and press it using your fingers or the back of a spoon into a thin layer across the bottom of the tin and up the sides. Prick with a fork and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion until soft. Add the peas and cook for a further minute.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, cream and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cooked potatoes, onions and peas into the tart case. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden and just set. Serve with a big crunchy salad.