Egg noodle lunchbox for the whole family
27 August 2020 - 4 min read
Who’s hungry? Maybe that’s a silly question; our kids are always ravenous, and we could always do with a nibble. Carrying on our Rescue Recipe series, Leon Rothera - Chef and father to Elise -has created a nutritious, delicious and simple recipe that all the family can eat together or have as packed lunches.
Prep time 25 minutes
- 2 nests of dried egg noodles
- ½ a yellow pepper
- 1 small carrot
- 3 florets of broccoli
- 1 bok choy
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs + dash of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tahini + 1tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of half a lime
- Chop veg and stir fry, empty into a flat tray and allow to cool.
- Beat 2 eggs with a dash of soy sauce and cook on the lowest heat you can get on your stove, flip for 30 seconds. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Drop egg noodles into boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and cool in cold water, drain again.
- Empty the noodles onto a chopping board and make a few cuts, this will make eating them on the move less messy!
- Slice the omelette and add to the noodles, along with the cooled down stir fry.
- In a small bowl add together all the ingredients for your dressing and keep stirring until smooth.
- Add the dressing, half the chopped peanuts and fresh coriander to your noodles. Stir them well, split between your lunchboxes and finish with the rest of the chopped peanuts.
Recipe by Leon Rothera, chef and father | @dad_elise_and_food