How to prepare for sleep?
Here are some natural ways to help you drift off and have a better night's sleep:
- Lower the temperature – As we fall asleep our body temperature cools down; conversely when we get up it gets warmer. Often, if our room is too warm it can be harder to drift off. So, go against the temptation to keep the heating on all night and fall asleep quicker.
- Deep breaths – We all know breathing exercises can help ease stress and tension, so why not apply this practise to centre and calm your mind before bed. Have a look back at our article on breathing exercises for some top tips.
- Make a schedule – many people find having a regular routine of waking up and going to bed at the same time helpful in regulating their sleep. Set an alarm on your phone to remind you when you should go to sleep to begin your calming pre-bed routine.
- Avoid looking at your clock – clock-watching is common amongst those who struggle to fall asleep but try to avoid this as it may preoccupy your mind. Try to forget about the time, by distracting yourself with meaningless mental lists
- Turn off all electronics – Before bed resist the temptation for any last-minute scrolling. Looking at your phone before bed keeps your mind psychologically engaged, and the blue light from your screens can supress melatonin (the hormone accountable for your sleeping cycle).
Discover our blog on Your Top Questions About Sleep Answered to find out more.
Our RESCUE® range combines five Bach™ Original Flower Essences all of which come from Dr Bach's original gardens where he lived and worked in Oxfordshire.
In times of emotional demand, keep on top of your day with the RESCUE® blend of 5 Bach™ Original Flower Essences.
Each serving of a RESCUE® product contains 4 drops of the original mix of five Bach™ Original Flower Remedies. Additional doses can be taken as often as required according to instructions on pack.
RESCUE Remedy® and the rest of the range is available from a wide range of retailers such as Boots, Holland & Barrett, Tesco, Superdrug, Amazon, Well Pharmacy, Day Lewis and independent pharmacies nationwide.
You can add up to six Bach™ Original Flower Remedies* to the core RESCUE Remedy®* formula and tailor it to your individual needs. However, some products in the RESCUE® range already contain additional ingredients: for those you can add up to five Bach™ Original Flower Remedies*
The five flower essences used in the original RESCUE® formula are made from plants grown in Dr Edward Bach's former garden at Mount Vernon, Oxfordshire.
Always look for the unique Bach™ Original Flower Remedies signature, which only true Bach RESCUE® products carry. This ensures that your product has been prepared according to Bach’s original methods.
If you have any concerns with anything that you may eat or drink during pregnancy, or if you are breastfeeding, it is always best to check with your doctor or pharmacist.
Yes, RESCUE Remedy® contains alcohol, however if is used as per the instructions only minimal amounts of alcohol are ingested.
We all know the frustration of when you can’t fall asleep. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly why you’re not sleeping. Stress and sleep are often interrelated, the more stressed you are, the harder it is to doze off. However, it could be to do with a multitude of things from, feeling overwhelmed, too much caffeine, hunger pangs, too much light and even having messy surroundings.
With the right approach, you can introduce a few tips into your daily routine which will ensure you’re getting healthy sleep and help you learn how to sleep better. Such as having a sleep schedule, following relaxation techniques, avoiding blue light, regularly exercising, having a cool room to sleep in, avoiding day time sleeping and decreasing your caffeine intake.
With the right approach, you can introduce a few tips into your daily routine which will ensure you’re getting healthy sleep and help you learn how to sleep better. Such as having a sleep schedule, introducing relaxation techniques, avoiding blue light, regular exercise, finding your ideal temperature, avoiding naps and reducing caffeine intake.
Exercise, mindfulness and trying some regular sleep exercises to help settle your mind are some natural remedies to help relieve stress and tensions.
Here are 7 different techniques that can help you feel more calm:
- Mindfulness & meditation
- Breathing exercises
- Reading a book
- Sticking to a routine
- Make time for a little bit of self-care
- Do some exercise e.g. yoga, go for a walk, go swimming
- Listen to some music
Mindfulness is to pay attention to something or to keep something in one's mind. It's a practice of seeing how close we can get to simply bearing witness to the present moment, where we make effort to observe passing thoughts feelings and sensation, without grabbing hold of them or judging them.
Being mindful and focusing on the present, rather than worrying about the future, can be an important step in helping you feel calm. A quick YouTube browse for ‘guided meditation’ will give you plenty of free options if this is something you would like to try out. There are also some meditation apps on the market such as Headspace, Calm and Aura that are great options if you want to set a reminder or build towards a certain goal.
Whether it’s a driving test, a job interview, starting a new job, or moving house, there are a million different situations that put us under pressure. There are actually a multitude of ways you can train your mind to be calm. Such as practicing medication, positive thinking, taking a break and keeping active.
There are a number of natural stress release tips so you can find calm every day including playing calming music, factoring in me-time, trying some breathing exercises, giving yoga a try, walking amongst nature or talking with friends.
Here are some of our top tips to help you remain productive throughout your day:
- Avoid multi-tasking.
- Make sure you take regular breaks. This can help with concentration and can help boost your mood
- Set yourself some small goals. Sometimes seeing a list of large projects on your to do list can seem overwhelming, but if you break that up into smaller tasks, you can allow yourself to feel more in control.
Our RESCUE Remedy® range is formulated for human use and should not be given to animals.